As Opening Day nears, a young man’s fancy turns to baseball previews, and I’ve had no shortage of opportunities lately. On Sunday night, I was a guest on WNYW’s Fox Sports Extra, discussing the Mets and Yankees — Johan Santana, David Wright, Jason Bay, Michael Pineda, Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter in particular — with [...]
I know I tweeted about this, but I forgot to post it here. Last Friday, Steven Goldman and I paid a visit to the WNYC studio in Tribeca and sat down for a 15-minute segment on “The Brian Lehrer Show.” WNYC, for those not in the know, is a member station of National Public Radio [...]
It’s been a busy and exhilarating couple of weeks promoting Baseball Prospectus 2010. After a wave of some two dozen radio hits, last weekend my colleagues and I made appearances at the Yogi Berra Museum at Montclair State University in New Jersey and a Barnes and Noble in Manhattan. Sandwiched between those two appearances, I [...]
The Baseball Prospectus 2010 book promotional tour starts in earnest this weekend. On Sunday, February 28, I’ll join Cliff Corcoran, Steven Goldman, Kevin Goldstein and Christina Kahrl for a panel discussion at the Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center at Montclair State University in New Jersey (if you need directions just know that when you [...]
The hits to promote the release of Baseball Prospectus 2010 keep coming. Here’s the schedule for the rest of the week:
• This evening, I’ll be on Milwaukee’s WAUK 540 AM, the local ESPN affiliate, at 6:40 PM Eastern (5:40 Central), streaming here.
• I’ll also be on Seattle’s KRKO 1380 AM at 7:30 PM Eastern (4:30 [...]
It’s day three of the Prospectus Radio Blitz, and the hits to promote the release of Baseball Prospectus 2010 keep coming. Here’s Wednesday’s schedule:
• Already in the can is a taped interview with Manchester, New Hampshire’s WGIR 610 AM, which will air tomorrow morning, time TBD.
• At 4:35 Eastern, I’ll be doing my usual weekly spot with [...]
More radio hits to promote the release of Baseball Prospectus 2010. Here’s Tuesday’s schedule (all times Eastern):
• First up is Salisbury, Maryland’s WOCM-FM at 7:45 AM. Streaming here.
• Next is Philadelphia’s WIP 610 AM at 8:05 AM streaming at here.
• At 8:45 AM, I’ll taping an interview for “Inside Pitch” on the Cincinnati Reds Radio Network. [...]
Doing radio hits this week to promote the release of Baseball Prospectus 2010:
• First up is Providence, Rhode Island’s WBSM 1420 AM at 8:25 AM. Streaming here.
• Next is Tri-Cities, Tennessee’s WJCW 910 AM at 8:45 AM. Streaming here.
• Baltimore, Maryland’s WVIE 1370 AM at 12:35 PM. Streaming here.
• Cleveland, Ohio’s WKNR 1540 AM at 1:00 PM to be [...]
After a long hiatus borne of its incorporation into the ESPN affiliate fold, the Toledo radio station for which I’ve been doing radio hits for nearly three years now (WLQR 106.5 FM “The Ticket,” formerly on 1470 AM) has returned to archiving its guest appearances. Though their podcast page says it’s got spots going back [...]
Wow, now that was an unintended hiatus — thirty days since my last blog post here at Futility Infielder. Needless to say, I’ve been plenty busy over the past month, even cobbling away at my winter work during a 10-day trip to Mexico in honor of my 40th birthday. After completing my work for the Baseball [...]